1. What is EasySIM?
EasySIM is a KPI-driven comprehensive Simulated Learning and Performance Cloud. What it essentially means is that it is a cloud-based platform where Subject Matter Experts or Instructional Designers can easily build performance enhancing immersive/active learning simulations, without any prior programming knowledge.
2. What was the inspiration behind EasySIM?
Our 18+ years of experience in the training and learning industry, experiences shared by our client corporations, trainers and learners, and conversations with several industry thought leaders gave us deep insights into gaps in performance enhancement practices across businesses.
We found that shifting learning paradigms demand training programs that-
- Increase the efficacy of training
- Offer experiential learning
- Are contextually relevant
- Are immediately applicable to the learner’s job situation
- Include cognitively engaging learning experience.
- Trigger the required behavioral change
- Exhibit a positive ROI
We decided to develop a platform that would allow internal subject matter experts to use their tacit knowledge of the product(s), procedures, and the team’s learning needs to build a learning solution that is just right for their company’s business needs, without straining their training budget.
After six years of innovation-centered efforts, numerous breakout and brainstorming sessions later, Knowledge Synonyms developed EasySIM – our ground-breaking Simulated Learning and Performance Cloud.
3. Who is meant to benefit from it? How?
EasySIM is built to benefit the learner and the organization/employer investing in learning.
For the learner-
Contemporary learners require micro-units of instant learning with maximum applicability to their specific jobs.
So, EasySIM provides them a safe environment to practice their skills until they reach the required proficiency level.
For the organization–
While, in the face of shortening shelf life of skills, an organization’s market leadership relies on constant upskilling of employees, employers find dismal ROI and poor performance impact to be discouraging. Therefore, they are increasingly demanding instant learning solutions that identify and close skill-gap, increase ROI, and drive business efficiency.
- Allows internal SMEs to leverage their tacit knowledge of the organization’s unique structure, culture, product(s), and processes in authoring simulations that closely mirror real job scenarios.
- The simulation author can easily map job-critical competencies with assessment rubrics to detect and address existing key performance gaps.
- Its proprietary analytics engine gives a synoptic view of the learner’s job readiness and their individual competencies, strengths, and areas of improvements.
4. Why did you decide to enter an already crowded market of simulation builders?
EasySIM’s is not about following suit, it’s about filling the gap and creating a difference. EasySIM’s competency-based model truly adds a unique dimension. That is what makes it a complete Learning and Performance enhancement solution rather than a mere simulation builder.
The simulations are built to foster and assess job-specific competencies in employees. EasySIM’s deep analytics maps responses to each of the target competencies and provides functioning assessments. The analysis not only helps the employee perform better but also provides insights into optimum utilization of the employee’s competencies.
EasySIM is a Simulated Learning and Performance Cloud (SLPC), which means no downloading, no need to install and constantly update software applications on multiple computers, or worry about security and compliance issues. The EasySIM simulation platform is available on the cloud, and you can access it from any device, anytime.
EasySIM allows role-based management for companywide swift delegation and administration of simulations.
5. You mentioned “proprietary algorithm”. What is unique about your algorithm?
EasySIM’s unique algorithm provides deep analytics, mapping performance to pre-defined job-critical competencies. This makes the assessment meaningful in identifying employees’ job readiness, preferred role-fit, their strongest suit, and competencies that need further improvisation.
The analysis is also useful for screening job applicants and evaluating existing training programs’ effectiveness using pre and post-training skill level analysis.
6. How does EasySIM plan to boost your clients’ ROI?
Only 12% of learners apply the skills from the training to their job. Merely 13% of employees are actually engaged in their company sponsored, on-the-job training. 62% of managers believe they are not doing a good job meeting learners’ needs, and one out of every three employees say that uninspiring content is a barrier to their learning.
These statistics make it abundantly clear that these pieces of training fail to transfer knowledge, aid retention, or enhance job-relevant skills. Needless to say, employers do not see satisfactory ROI from costly training programs that do not yield any significant improvement in job performance.
EasySIM has been designed to address the disconnect between prevalent training practices and adult learning processes.
EasySIM design, thus, turns your content-heavy training session into an Experiential Learning episode that inevitably boosts retention and transfers knowledge and hones competencies required for real-world job performance.
7. How would investing in EasySIM elevate your clients’ bottom line?
EasySIM will potentially help our clients in the following ways-
- Cut the cost of outsourcing simulation development. With EasySIM, internal SMEs will be able to easily create, edit, and update simulations.
- Micro-units of learning do not require managers to pull out employees off the job for full, or even half-day of training, thus further reducing the learning investment.
- KPI-oriented, targeted content helps retain knowledge and hone competencies essential for improving job performance, therefore, increasing revenues.
Reduced investment and elevated revenues simply equate with higher bottom line.